If you are getting ready to market your home, it is key to style your home to enable your agent to get some wonderful pictures, which make every home buyer fall in love with the idea of living there. Here are our 6 Top Tips to getting your ready home to market and how to style it to make it show home ready.
- 1. De-clutter. It is essential to declutter your home before you even consider putting it on the market. Anything that doesn’t need to be there, clear it! Store any of those items that don’t have a place and that you can’t bear to live without and dispose of any belongings that you have been longing to clear for a while. Make your property as clutter free as possible. When you are ready for viewings, make sure all coats and shoes are hidden away.
2. De-Personalise. Buyers want to imagine themselves living in your property and therefore it is essential that you try to de-personalise the property as best as you can. Hide away any kids drawings, certain personal effects and anything that makes your home individually yours.
3. Freshen Up. When you have stripped your home back, give it a freshen up with a neutral splash of paint. Re-grout bathroom tiles and reseal around the bath and shower. Generally do all of those little jobs that you’ve been meaning to get around to!
4. Deep Clean. Give the house a full deep clean, clean the oven, the fridges, get into all the nooks and crannies and leave your home sparkling. We’re all so busy, it may be worth investing in a professional cleaning company to come in and take the hassle away for you.
5. Dress to Impress. It is essential to dress your home; invest in some new soft furnishings, cushions, rugs & centre pieces, have some wonderful toiletries on display in your bathrooms and add in some luscious smelling room diffusers. When you are ready to view; have some fresh flowers out and some fruit in a bowl, have some freshly baked goods out and the coffee pot on. Have wonderfully neat bed linen and crisp new towels. This is where you can be overindulgent and sell a dream to your buyers. You don’t have to spend a fortune on this and Smith & Co can even provide some props if you’re really struggling!
6. Let your agent do the viewings. This is where your agent can shine. You have prepared the house for them and it’s now time for your agent to work their magic. Make yourself scarce and let them use their skills to show your home in the best light. They should already know every detail and are best placed for selling the dream and selling your home.
For more tips and advice or for a free chat about selling your home, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01623 646888.